Cleaning is one of the most important tasks in a house. It assures us that our usual environment is well cared for and free from alterations that can cause problems, even affect our health. Any member has any pathology that involves a weakness in their immune system or defenses. Here, we will show different methods on how to clean a burnt iron.
How to clean a burnt iron?
Inside the maintenance and cleaning of our house, are also included the appliances, both the large ones. Such as the refrigerator or the oven, and the small ones, such as the toaster or the coffee machine. Not only is it important to keep them clean and taken care of for health reasons.
So often their useful life will be longer. Even if they have already suffered some alteration we can try to find a solution before buying a new one, as in the case of a burned plate. Do not know how to clean it and are you thinking of replacing it with a new one?
Reason for iron burning
Although it is strange that it has never happened to you if you are a very caring person at the time of ironing it is possible that you have never seen a burned iron. It is a fairly common situation. It can be caused by various reasons, but the most common causes of burning iron are the following:
The use: If you have the same plate for a few years, you usually use it continuously and you have never cleaned it, it is likely to show spots on the plate or even it is darkened.
Excessive temperature: Do you usually increase the temperature of your iron to eliminate wrinkles faster? This is a mistake since you can cause that, when ironing some garments, small pieces of cloth are stuck to the plate due to excess heat, which causes burns and dark spots on the plate.
Support the iron in a garment too long: We know that anybody has carelessness and a large number of people have ever spent it in their lives: you are ironing and they call you or there is some urgency and we leave the iron on top of the garment that We are ironing. When we return, it is most likely that we will find a large hole in our garment and the plate of the burned plate.
If for any of the above reasons, your iron is burned and you want to clean it, but you do not know how here we explain some homemade tricks to leave the plate as new.
Clean burnt iron with baking soda
The combination of these two products is infallible for cleaning a large number of difficult to remove stains. To clean a plate of burned clothes with baking soda and vinegar follow these instructions:
- It is very simple, you only need a spoonful of vinegar, another of baking soda and a 250 ml glass of water.
- Pour the bicarbonate and vinegar into the glass and stir until the mixture is homogeneous and both are dissolved.
- Then, with a clean cloth and with the cold iron, introduce the cloth into the mixture and clean the plate with it.
Gently restrain the darker areas until they are eliminated.
- When finished, let the plate dry completely and then do a test with a garment that you do not use to check that it has been perfect.
Clean burnt iron with soap
Surely you have a product at home to wash the dishes by hand. The typical dishwashing soap is effective to remove the burned stain from the surface of the plate and, to use it correctly, you just have to follow these steps:
- In a glass, take a small spoonful and then fill it with warm water.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it into the mixture.
- Drain it so as not to excessively wet the iron plate and gently rub the stains and blackened parts until they are removed.
- When you have finished, pass another clean cloth to dry it and wait a few minutes to use it.
Lemon to clean a burnt iron
Another of the best tricks to clean a burned plate and also has disinfectant properties, so the cleaning will be complete, is to use lemon. If you also supplement it with bicarbonate, the cleaning capacity will be even greater.
- Just squeeze the lemon juice and add baking soda until you get the texture of a paste.
- When you have it, cover the spots on the plate with this mixture.
- If the entire plate is obscured, cover it whole.
- Wait for 5 to 8 minutes and remove gently with a clean, slightly damp cloth.
- Let it dry completely and then do a test with a garment that you do not use.
The use of vinegar without any other complement is also sufficient to achieve an impeccable cleaning of our iron, achieving a brightness that is difficult to achieve with other products. To use this homemade trick to clean a plate burned with vinegar, follow these steps:
- Grab a 200 ml glass of white vinegar and heat it, without it boiling.
- Wet a cloth with the hot vinegar and gently rub the surface until the darkened parts are removed.
- You can even clean the inside of the holes in the plate with a swab dipped in the hot vinegar.
- When you have finished, wait a few minutes for it to dry before using it.