The dirt that accumulates in our tennis shoes over time, as well as exposure to the sun and other stains of specific substances, make, little by little, the sole of our shoes gradually lose that characteristic white. Even if you wash them frequently, it is not easy for tennis shoes to regain their original color, which is why many wonder how to remove the yellow from the sole of tennis shoes without having to punish the shoes more than necessary in the washing machine.
If you have also wondered how to whiten shoe soles and leave them shiny, do not miss the following article, as we offer you different perfect solutions for this problem. Take note!
How to whiten shoe soles?
Did you know that toothpaste can become your best ally to clean the sole of your shoes? Its content of bicarbonate and calcium carbonate, among other substances, makes this product as good for whitening teeth as it is for removing yellow from other products, such as our footwear. You will not need a specific type of toothpaste, so if you want to know how to remove the yellow from the plastic of tennis shoes, take note:
- Wipe with a damp cloth to remove the most obvious dirt from the soles, including the white edges.
- Spread with your finger or with the help of a toothbrush that you no longer use the toothpaste; You have to do it in such a way that it covers the entire edge of the shoe well and, if you want, also the surface of the sole.
- Let the paste dry and act for about five minutes.
- After this time, again with the brush, or if you prefer an old scouring pad, remove the paste. You don’t need to scrub thoroughly; just gently remove the toothpaste.
- To finish, go over with a damp cloth or cloth.
White vinegar and baking soda
If you are wondering how to wash white tennis shoes, you must know one of the most powerful homemade mixes that exist. On the one hand, vinegar is an antibacterial and bleaching ingredient capable of eliminating the bad smell from clothes and cleaning different products and surfaces in the home in depth.
On the other hand, bicarbonate is also perfect for dragging fat from different spaces and objects, so that by joining these two ingredients, you can leave your shoes looking like new:
- Mix equal parts water and white vinegar in a glass. Next, add a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Soak a cloth in the mixture and wipe it all over the sole of your tennis shoes, including the sides and toes, where it is most common to find stains.
- Let the mixture work for a few minutes, then wipe off with a clean, damp cloth.
- The yellow on the sole of your tennis shoes will disappear instantly!
The hydrogen peroxide, popularly known as hydrogen peroxide, is a potent bleach cleaner and disinfectant that can also be useful when unpolluted leave the soles of your tennis. It will come in handy even when the yellow areas are not limited to plastic but extend through the shoe’s fabric. If this is your problem, take note:
- Put warm water in a bowl and add a good jet of hydrogen peroxide.
- Dip your tennis shoes in the mixture and let the hydrogen peroxide work for about 30 minutes.
- When you remove the shoes from the basin, rinse with plenty of warm water to not leave a trace of the hydrogen peroxide.
- While you are rinsing with the warm water from the tap, you can use a hood to finish removing all traces of dirt.
- If you just want to know how to remove the yellow from tennis shoes’ soles, use a soft toothbrush and soak it in hydrogen peroxide diluted with normal water. Rub the soles until all the yellow is removed.
Dishwasher and salt
If what you need is an express cleaning of your tennis shoes’ soles, there is a simple and effective remedy to leave them spotless in a matter of minutes. From we advise you to use the dishwasher you have at home as a powerful cleaner and salt so that its whitening properties eliminate bad smells and the most difficult stains.
- Make a simple mixture by dissolving two tablespoons of the soap you use to wash dishes by hand in a little water. Next, add a good handful of coarse salt so that the grains of this product washes away the dirt.
- Using a soft brush or scouring pad, rub your tennis shoes’ edges with the powerful mixture until the foam removes any dirt.
- Remove with a damp cloth and you will be able to leave the soles completely white.
Keep reading: How to clean suede couch
Nail polish remover
Often, the problem is not so much the dirt embedded in the sole, but what you wonder is how to remove the yellow from the sole of tennis shoes without damaging them. One of the most effective remedies is to resort to the acetone or nail polish remover that you generally use for your nails since it is a chemical compound with dissolving properties that, just as it facilitates the removal of enamel, can also help to eliminate persistent stains. We explain how to remove the yellow from the plastic of tennis shoes:
- Before you start, wipe the entire sole with a damp cloth to remove any dirt particles.
- Apply nail polish remover to the yellowish edge with a soft brush.
- To finish, take one last pass, this time, with a cloth in which you have put a few drops of acetone.
- Let your tennis shoes dry out of the sun.
- If you want to increase this remedy’s effectiveness, try mixing the acetone you use with a small spoonful of baking soda.
Soap powder and lemon
The washing powder you use for laundry is also the basis of an ideal home trick to clean tennis soles in record time. If we add the antibacterial, disinfectant, and bleaching properties of lemon to this product, we will get a perfect natural remedy to leave our shoes on the first day.
- Mix a splash of natural lemon juice with a tablespoon of powdered soap.
- It should be a solid paste, so if you mix and see that it is too liquid, you can add a little more powder soap (but without going overboard!)
- Spread the paste with a hood or with a cloth all over the sole, around the edges and ends.
- Let the mixture act for about 5-10 minutes and, after this time, rinse with plenty of warm water.
Black scratch marks on the white of your tennis shoes? To eliminate them, there is nothing better than a simple eraser of a lifetime. Use the gum to minimize the black stripes as much as possible, and then put into practice one of the home remedies we have previously offered you.