Sweat or antiperspirant clothes are the main causes of the appearance of stains in the armpit area. With time, these stains tend to ugly your clothes and give them an image of disrepair, especially if it is a white t-shirt or shirt. If you want to learn how to remove underarm stains from clothes, pay attention to the following tips. With these remedies and techniques, you will be able to say goodbye to these unpleasant stains and give your clothes its color and good image back. Ready to learn how to remove deodorant stains from clothes? Take note!
Remove deodorant stains from clothes
There is no more common and effective product for removing stains from clothing than baking soda. Its main power is to soften the dirt to facilitate the permanent removal of stains from any garment. The method of use is simple:
- Mix 4 teaspoons of baking soda in a quarter cup of water.
- Stir the mixture and apply it directly to the stain, using a toothbrush.
- Then, let it work for an hour before washing the garment regularly.
Baking soda and lemon for whitening
Lemon and baking soda separately are very effective remedies for treating yellowish or white stains on clothes, but if you use them together, the result will be even more surprising.
- Mix four teaspoons of baking soda in half a cup of lemon juice.
- Then apply it to the armpit area where the stain s located.
- Let it act for an hour and then wash it regularly in your washing machine.
Vinegar Baking Soda Paste
If you wonder how to remove deodorant stains from clothes, vinegar and baking soda are the fastest and most effective option to get rid of those whitish remains from the fabric. And it is that continuing with the benefits of bicarbonate to eliminate stains. We propose another alternative: create a paste of bicarbonate with water and add white vinegar.
Apply this solution on the stained area, previously moistened, and let the paste act until it dries completely. Once dry, remove the remains of the paste and wash the garment regularly.
Apple cider vinegar to clean clothes
Do you want to know how to remove stains from colored clothes? All these tricks will serve you both for white and colored garments. Apple cider vinegar works wonders in these cases.
If you want to remove yellow stains caused by lack of sweat on your clothing, wet the armpit part of the stained garment with the apple cider vinegar, then put it in the washing machine as usual. The vinegar will help you remove the stain quickly, easily and effectively.
White vinegar to disinfect and whiten
White vinegar is a product with multiple cleaning properties, something that we must thank for its concentration of acetic acid (around 5%).
So, if you don’t know how to remove yellow from white clothes, we tell you that white vinegar is the most effective way to eliminate sweat traces and stains caused by other chemicals such as deodorant.
- Dilute half a cup of white vinegar in a liter of water.
- Then, dip the garment in this solution.
- Let it work for 40 minutes.
- After this time has elapsed, rinse the garment and see if the stain has disappeared. If not, you can repeat the process one more time before washing it as you normally would.
Lemon slices to remove stains
How to remove yellow from white clothing without damaging it? We already know that lemon has multiple cleaning and whitening properties, so we have before us a very effective solution to get rid of underarm stains on light clothes caused by sweat or non-perspiration of the garment.
Aim this simple trick:
- Cut the lemon into slices and immerse them in a bowl of water.
- Put the garment in the container and let it soak for an hour.
- After this time, wash it in the washing machine with its usual cycle.
Lemon and vinegar for clothes
If you combine vinegar and lemon’s natural properties, you will have a perfect and effective solution to eliminating certain clothing stains. The trick is simple: squeeze a lemon and mix it with vinegar, equal parts. Next, apply the solution directly to the stain, using a cloth and rubbing gently.
Let it work for a few minutes before washing the garment in the washing machine. Keep in mind that you should always wash the garment in cold water. Otherwise, you could fix the stain on the fabric.
Salt to remove stubborn stains
Another good home trick if you’re wondering how to remove deodorant stains from clothes or get rid of sweat stains is salt. That’s it! Also, it is a very simple process. Take note:
- For the salt to take effect, you must moisten the garment previously.
- Then, put salt directly on the stain and let it work for 12 hours.
- After this time, rub the garment so that the wet salt penetrates it better.
- Next, put the garment in the washing machine and let it run its usual cycle.
- It is not the quickest trick, but it is a simple and effective option if you wonder how to remove underarm stains from clothing.
Aspirin for whitening clothes
Did you know that aspirin can be an effective remedy against stains? Its salicylic acid content helps to remove dirt effectively and allows light garments to regain their original shine.
This remedy consists of crushing some aspirins and dissolving them in 100ml water to make a pasty mass. Then, immerse the garment in question in this mixture and let it act for approximately 2 or 3 hours. After this time, wash it regularly and you will see no trace of the stains.
Vodka to remove stains
It may surprise you, but vodka is the most effective in eliminating yellowish spots in the armpit area. So if you don’t know how to remove sweat stains from clothes, dissolve a squirt of vodka with a little water and soak a cloth with the rubbing solution directly into the stained area.
Let the garment soaked with the vodka rest for a few minutes and then wash it regularly. Vodka will help eliminate bad odors in your clothes, the trick you should know!
Liquid dishwasher to clean clothes
Whether you want to know how to remove yellow stains from white clothes or restore the original tone to your colored clothes, this option is the safest and most popular option.
- Mix a squirt of liquid dishwasher and a couple of tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply the solution to the stain and rub it in gently until it is completely impregnated.
- Let the remedy work for an hour before washing the garment on its regular cycle.
Hydrogen peroxide to eliminate stains
The cleaning properties of hydrogen peroxide make it a 100% effective product for removing underarm stains on clothing caused by sweat. Yes, we recommend that you apply this remedy only on white garments and, if possible, not very delicate.
Pour about 250ml of hydrogen peroxide directly on the stain and let the product work for a quarter of an hour. After the 15 minutes have passed, wash the garment in the washing machine on its usual cycle and let it dry in the sun.
Ammonia for stained clothes
Ammonia is one of the cleaning products par excellence, as it is essential to eliminate the most difficult stains and eliminate bad odors. However, once again, it is a very powerful chemical, so we recommend that you only use it with white clothing.
If the stain in the armpit area is yellowish, dilute the ammonia in water (equal parts) and soak a cloth in the solution to rub the stain. Afterward, let it act for a few minutes before washing the garment in the washing machine.
Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide
Do you know the famous OxiClean? It is a very effective commercial product for removing stains from clothing. If you cannot find this product, we suggest its home version, a remedy that consists of mixing baking soda with hydrogen peroxide.
Apply this mixture to the stain by rubbing lightly with a toothbrush. Once the stain is soaked in the solution, let it soak overnight. The next day, you have to put it in the washing machine and let it dry in the sun.