The coffee table is often the centerpiece of any living room, and around the holidays it deserves some special attention! While Christmas trees and mantles get most of the glitz and glam, your coffee table can be another opportunity to spread some seasonal cheer. From simple accents to over-the-top displays, coffee tables allow you to showcase your unique style. This holiday season, make your coffee table the star of the show with these stylish coffee table Christmas decor ideas. Whether your taste runs traditional or modern, minimalist or maximalist, there are so many ways to deck out your table for the holidays. Read on for beautiful inspiration that will make spirits bright!
Simple & Elegant Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
If you like to keep things classic and refined, these effortless coffee table decorating ideas will complement your existing decor perfectly. Simple touches of Christmas style go a long way!
- A plaid table runner in holiday hues of red, green and white brings in seasonal color while protecting your tabletop. Layer on some decorative pinecones, faux greenery sprigs or holly berries for texture and natural appeal.
- Clear glass hurricanes with fat pillars or tealights inside create a cozy glow on an understated coffee table. For flair, suspend pine branches, cinnamon sticks or eucalyptus over the hurricanes.
- Flowers like paperwhites, amaryllis or poinsettias in pretty vases give living color to coffee table decor. Accent with candlesticks, mercury glass votives or ornaments for shimmer.
- A pair of ceramic Christmas trees in traditional green and retro colors makes a cute holiday display. Adorn with sparkly pinecones at the base.
- Float cranberries, whole cloves and sticks of cinnamon in a glass bowl full of water. The festive arrangement will infuse your home with seasonal spice!
Round Coffee Table Christmas Decor
Round coffee tables are a versatile piece of furniture that can be easily decorated for the Christmas season. Their circular shape allows for a variety of arrangements, and they can be used to create a festive centerpiece for your living room.
Here are a few ideas for decorating a round coffee table for Christmas:
- Create a centerpiece with natural elements. Fill a large bowl or tray with pinecones, evergreen boughs, and Christmas ornaments. You can also add a few white candles or a string of fairy lights for a touch of sparkle.
- Use a Christmas tree as a centerpiece. If you have a small Christmas tree, you can place it directly on your coffee table. Be sure to add a festive tree skirt or basket to cover the base.
- Arrange a display of Christmas villages or figurines. Christmas villages and figurines are a fun way to add whimsy and charm to your coffee table décor. Arrange them in a group or scatter them around the table.
- Add a stack of festive books and magazines. Stacking books and magazines on your coffee table is a great way to add height and visual interest to your display. Choose books and magazines with festive covers or themes.
- Display a tray of Christmas cookies or treats. If you’re baking Christmas cookies or treats, display them on a tray on your coffee table. This is a great way to share your holiday treats with guests and family.
No matter what style you choose, decorating your round coffee table for Christmas is a great way to add festive cheer to your home.
Rustic & Natural Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
If your home leans toward farmhouse chic, these natural coffee table decorations will complement your casual style perfectly. Rustic touches paired with foraged elements bring organic holiday charm.
- A round wood slice platter piled with pinecones, acorns, holly sprigs and eucalyptus makes an effortless foraged arrangement. Adorn with twinkle lights for a magical vignette.
- Set a trio of empty birch logs around unscented pillar candles in earthy hues. Surround with pine branches, cinnamon sticks, and rustic ornaments for ambiance.
- Fill porcelain, ceramic or galvanized buckets with pine, cedar or fir sprigs. Tuck in holly, mistletoe, red winter berries and pinecones for texture.
- Display stacked vintage books with natural objects like pinecones, chestnuts and seeded eucalyptus. Add a set of faux antlers or a deer figurine for chalet flair.
- Arrange hand-painted German smokers in a wood tray alongside acorns, nuts in the shell, and rustic snowflake ornaments. The smoky incense brings aromatherapy to the table.
Modern & Minimalist Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For those who favor a clean and contemporary style, these minimal coffee table decorating inspirations keep things crisp and bright for the holidays. Less is more with these sleek decor accents!
- Float tall white pillar candles in cylindrical glass vases for soft, minimalist style. Add in a few pine sprigs or mistletoe for organic texture.
- A festive gnome figurine brings playful modern style to a simple wood slab coffee table. Surround with white pinecones for monochromatic charm.
- Display white taper candles in mercury glass holders atop round mirrors or silver trays to amplify the gleam. Sprinkle in pinecones and clear glass ornaments.
- Arrange geometric concrete planters in creative formations. Fill with holiday flowers like poinsettias or cyclamen for pops of color.
- Prop white feather trees beside stacks of colorful coffee table books for whimsical contrast. Scatter silver pinecones and glittery acrylic snowflakes at the base.
Farmhouse Coffee Table Christmas Decor
Farmhouse coffee table Christmas decor is all about creating a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home for the holidays. It’s about using natural elements, rustic textures, and neutral tones to create a cozy and inviting space.
One of the best ways to start is with a neutral-toned coffee table. This will provide a blank canvas for you to add your Christmas decorations. If you have a wooden coffee table, even better! The natural wood will add to the rustic farmhouse feel.
Next, you’ll want to add a centerpiece. This is your chance to get creative and have some fun. Some ideas for farmhouse Christmas centerpieces include:
- A bowl filled with pinecones, evergreen branches, and ornaments
- A vase filled with fresh flowers or greenery
- A stack of books or wooden boxes wrapped in burlap or ribbon
- A vintage lantern or candle holder
- A small Christmas tree
No matter what you choose, make sure your centerpiece is the focal point of your coffee table display.
Glitzy & Glam Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For bold maximalist style, don’t be shy about decking your coffee table to the nines! Have fun with sparkle, shine, glitz and color like these festive displays.
- Adorn a tree skirt overlay with glittery pinecones, shiny glass ball ornaments and velvet Christmas trees. Accent with holly berry floral picks for plush texture.
- A gold-rimmed platter heaped with red beads, green beads and clear glass stones makes a vibrant display. Nestle in faceted ornaments, rhinestone snowflakes and glittery reindeer figurines.
- Explore coffee table books with covers in rich emerald, sapphire and ruby hues. Play up the jewel tones with gilded accents like candles, vases and decorative bottles.
- Group faceted mercury glass vases and bowls filled with Christmas flowers and evergreens. The opulent glassware catches and amplifies candlelight beautifully.
- Create volume and height with stacked picture frame boxes wrapped in lush velvet, velveteen or brocade fabric. Adorn with embellished ornaments, garlands and floral picks.
Nostalgic & Vintage Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For old-fashioned Christmas charm that feels timeless, decorate your coffee table with reminiscent touches. Vintage colors, patterns, figurines and ornaments evoke nostalgia.
- Display your collection of mercury glass ornaments and ball ornaments in jewel tones. Nestle them in beds of cotton fluff, faux snow or crunchy snow blanket filler.
- Arrange retro bottle brush trees, skaters, carolers, Santas and nutcrackers along a runner that extends the holiday hues.
- Show off favorite handed-down ornaments and decor in dainty ornate frames edged in gold, silver or glitter for a timeworn look.
- Stack vintage suitcases or hat boxes and tie them up with red velvet bows and pine garlands. Use them to stow holiday scented candles!
- Fill glass cloches with paper ephemera like sheet music, postage stamps, flash cards and mini gift tags layered over florals and greens.
Whimsical & Woodland Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For a playful nature-inspired look, decorate your coffee table with whimsical woodland accents. Figurines, natural materials and fairy tale charm create a magical winter wonderland!
- Set a mini bottle brush pine forest around a glass cloche “pond” with floating glitter pinecones as “lily pads”. Add in mini mushrooms and critters for more fun.
- Display woodland creature figurines like foxes, rabbits, owls, and deer around mini birch log slices and evergreen sprigs for an enchanted scene.
- Arrange groups of pinecones, acorns and nuts in birch bark trays, trugs or baskets. Prop up alongside nature books like field guides.
- Accent with unique finds like shepherd’s hooks, tiny sleds, mini skis, and birch wood rounds affixed with woodland animal silhouettes or script words.
- Dress up a mini bare tree with foraged finds from the backyard like pods, pinecones, twigs, fallen nests, and acorns for organic charm.
Living Room Coffee Table Christmas Decor Ideas
The living room coffee table is a focal point of the room, so it’s important to decorate it for Christmas in a way that is both festive and stylish. Here are a few ideas:
- Create a Christmas centerpiece. This could be anything from a simple bowl of pine cones and ornaments to a more elaborate arrangement of flowers, candles, and figurines. If you have a large coffee table, you could even put a small Christmas tree on it.
- Use a table runner or tray. This is a great way to add a touch of color and pattern to your coffee table. You can find table runners and trays in a variety of Christmas designs, or you can simply use a plain runner or tray and decorate it with ornaments, greenery, or other Christmas items.
- Group together decorative items. This could include anything from Christmas figurines to books to candles. When grouping items together, try to create a balanced arrangement. For example, you could place a group of three figurines on one side of the coffee table and a stack of books on the other side.
- Don’t forget the lighting. Candles are a great way to add a warm and inviting glow to your coffee table. You can also use string lights or fairy lights to create a festive atmosphere.
Eclectic & Quirky Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For families and free spirits that favor a playful patchwork decor look, these unexpected coffee tables are anything but boring! Embrace your inner maximalist this season.
- Display a collection of fun unique ornaments on stands, in flower pots, or suspended from small bare branches stuck in florist foam. Go crazy with themes!
- Style a winter botanical press in a shadowbox frame: Arrange pressed white flowers, ferns, leaves, and grasses, sprinkled with silver/white glitter and faux snow.
- Stack vintage suitcases and trunks in varying sizes. Adorn the tops with gnomes and mini trees, then tuck small gift boxes around the sides.
- Fill clear glass apothecary jars with all kinds of festive treats to create a candy buffet. Add scoops and spoons so guests can help themselves!
- Arrange tchotchkes like snowglobes, carousels, nutcrackers, miniature villages, and figurines in colorfulroupings. Let your collections shine!
Traditional & Timeless Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For tried-and-true holiday style with timeless appeal, you can never go wrong with these classic coffee table decorating inspirations. Traditional touches never fade from fashion!
- A plush velvet tree skirt lined with gold thread is the perfect backdrop for displaying decorative nutcrackers, carolers, and singing choir figurines.
- Frame vintage sheet music, Christmas cards, and family photos from holidays past in red and green patterns. Prop on books for nostalgia.
- Place wide jars filled with red and green candy, foil-wrapped chocolates, ribbon candy, peppermint sticks and candy canes. Always a crowd pleaser!
- Arrange gilded bowls filled with glass ornaments alongside evergreen clippings, pinecones, candles, and a classic red poinsettia. Elegant and effortless!
- Display a festive village of Victorian inspired houses, shops, churches, and figurines upon a bed of artificial snow. Add twinkle lights!
Handmade & Heartfelt Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For special homemade touches, look no further than these creative DIY-inspired coffee table decor ideas. Handcrafted accents add love!
- Stack vintage books and board games tied with plaid ribbon. Tuck in sprigs of rosemary, pine or holly for memorable sensory appeal.
- Display hand-knit stockings in seasonal colors with faux fur cuffs. Fill with mini ornaments, pinecones, and candy canes for sweet nostalgia.
- Arrange handmade shaker ornaments filled with holiday spices, glitter, beads, buttons, and bits of greenery. Cluster them together for impact!
- Stack rings of wood slices to create little Christmas trees. Adorn with twigs, berries, mini pinecones, and rustic homespun ornaments.
- Show off handcrafted gnomes, snowmen, and woodland critters made from natural materials like acorns, sticks, moss, and pods. So much personality!
Kid-Friendly Holiday Coffee Table Ideas
For families with young children, these fun and festive coffee table displays will delight the little ones! Invite kids to help decorate.
- Provide plain ceramic Christmas trees and let kids go wild decorating them with puffy paint, glitter, buttons, beads, pom poms, and googly eyes. Display together.
- Fill clear glass jars with different types of candies and confections to create a sweet candy buffet. Add mini scoops for self-serve fun.
- Arrange jolly snowman and Santa figurines around mini evergreen trees on a bed of cotton ball “snowdrifts”. Add in toy trains, rocking horses, and stuffed animals.
- Place bowls of red, green, white, silver and gold shiny ornaments so children can move them around to create their own designs. Supervise breakables!
- Set out blank paper Christmas trees, stockings, gift boxes, and ornaments. Supply stickers, glitter glue, gel pens, and foam shapes for DIY decorating.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are good staple pieces for easy coffee table decor?
Some versatile staple pieces for coffee tables include: candleholders, trays, bowls, vases, plush blankets, florals like poinsettias, greenery like pine sprigs, classic accents like pinecones and candy canes, and special touches like Christmas books and ornaments.
- How can I decorate my coffee table on a budget?
Focus on natural elements or repurposing items you already have at home. Foraged pinecones, nuts, leaves, and twigs cost nothing. Raid your holiday ornament and craft supplies for unused items like ribbon, fabric scraps, and greenery. Dollar store candleholders, vases and holiday knick-knacks are inexpensive ways to add festive flair.
- How do I choose a coffee table decorating color palette?
Consider colors already used in your existing holiday decor and overall home decor style for cohesion. Classic Christmas hues of red, green, gold, silver and white work in most color schemes. For modern style, stick to 1-2 colors like silver and icy blue or rose gold and cream.
- How can I decorate my coffee table if I have pets or small children?
Avoid fragile items that could shatter or delicate accents that could be swallowed. Skip loose glitter, beads, pine needles, and real candles. Opt for sturdy decor pieces secured in place and flameless LED candles. Supervise children around any decorations.
- How often should I clean or refresh my coffee table decor display?
Refresh delicate floral displays weekly by trimming stems and replacing water to prolong bloom time. For longer lasting faux botanicals, gently dust with a soft brush every few weeks. After the main holiday season ends, swap out theme decor for winter accents in January.
The holidays offer the perfect excuse to style your coffee table with seasonal flair! Whether you favor classic timeless touches or playful personalized panache, decorating your coffee table sets the mood for celebrating. Cozy up your home with fireplace Christmas decor ideas and, inspired by these festive suggestions for your coffee table, infuse more holiday spirit into your space. However you choose to deck out your coffee table with Christmas decor, the resulting ambiance is sure to spark joy and lift your holiday spirits!