Dry cleaning is one that is carried out with small amounts of water or without any of it to avoid damaging certain pieces of clothing, furniture, mattresses or any other object in the house. For this, the use of different chemical-based products that promote this type of cleaning is also required, most of them correspond to solvents. The first thing to do is to visualize the label of each piece of clothing that you want to wash since many have the indication to wash exclusively dry. At the time this procedure is carried out, it is important not to use hot water, since it can end up damaging the fibres of which certain pieces of clothing are composed, among other elements. For more information on how to dry clean at home.
How to dry clean at home?
For those who do not know, dry clean with the washing machine if possible thanks to a gentle cycle program that most of these appliances have. This is intended for those pieces that are of firm fabrics, that is, those that do not deform when bent or wrinkled.
To wash clothes that cannot be washed with water in the washing machine, it is necessary to follow these steps:
- Place the washer on the softest cycle.
- Apply a little detergent.
- Remove the clothes from the washing machine as soon as the wash cycle is finished.
- Let them sit in a flat space to dry faster. You can also put them on different hooks separately.
In addition, there are washers that include a special program for dry cleaning with the washing that treats clothes with active oxygen.
How to hand wash clothes dry
Due to the delicacy of certain items of clothing, it is usual to wash them by hand to avoid damage over time. This is one of the ways that is frequently used when we ask ourselves how to clean a garment that cannot be washed with water.
There are several dry pieces that can be washed by hand so that their fibres are not damaged, a clear example of this fact is the coats, which have a large amount of fabric and are often delicate. ¿ How to wash a warm dry without washing? To do this, follow these steps:
- Put some powdered soap in a small bucket of cold water.
- Mix them until you see the foam.
- Once the soap and water mixture is prepared, the clothes are introduced into the mixture for washing. You have to dip it several times to make it easier to remove the stains.
- At the same time, go rubbing with your fingertips in places where dirt collects the most, such as the neck and armpits.
- After the dirt has been removed, the coat should be rinsed with a little water. For this, it will be necessary to empty the small bucket that contained the soapy water and add cold water to it and submerge the coat to remove any soapy water that it may have.
- To dry the coat, you can put a towel on it and roll it up completely, this way you will eliminate excess water. It is important that you repeat this process 3 to 5 times if necessary use several towels until you can get all the water out of the piece.
- Hang the coat on a hook, a hanger, or place it on any flat surface to finish drying.
How to use a dry cleaning kit for clothes
Another way to wash clothes by hand and dry at home is through a dry cleaning kit for clothes, which you can buy at any laundry or dry cleaning store or in supermarkets. You should make sure it has: a stain remover, leaves and a bag for dry cleaning. Dry cleaning with a kit works like this:
- Apply a bit of the stain remover to the stained area.
- Place the piece in the dry cleaning bag and place it in the dryer with a gentle drying cycle.
- Remove the garment from the bag and place it on a clothes hanger to finish drying. In this way, you will notice that the piece is clean thanks to the moisture given off by the dry cleaning sheet inside the respective bag.
How to dry clean furniture
There are many ways to dry clean furniture, the correct way will depend on the fabric with which they are made. If you want to do this cleaning at home, keep in mind the following:
Cleaning furniture with the vacuum cleaner: Vacuuming will be the first step to perform since it is important to remove all the dust that has accumulated.
Prepare the cleaning product: For cleaning the furniture you can use all kinds of detergents or chemicals. However, it is important to always read its label, so that in this way you can ensure that dry cleaning is allowed with the products you have intended. If you wish, you have the freedom to add it to a sprayer, so that you do not soak the entire cabinet with said product.
Brush: After having sprayed all the furniture, you can apply the product with the help of a brush or a sponge, make circular movements until removing the dirt. Next, remove the soap residue with a damp cloth. You can finish vacuuming again to finish removing any residue or point of moisture that may have remained.
Generally, for the dry cleaning of a mattress, different chemicals are usually used: silicone fluids, hydrocarbons and perchloroethylene. But other products such as hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, baby wipes or pharmacy alcohol are also used. To do this, simply pass the product that you have with a damp cloth on the mattress, affecting the areas where there are stains.
You may like also to read https://dojigger.co.uk/