If you have stained your favorite mascara garment due to haste or carelessness, relax! We have the solution. No matter how careful we are in our makeup, it is quite common to end the day with stains on clothes due to constant rubbing against the skin. But what if the dirt is not from makeup but from a mascara smear?
In this article, we are going to tell you how to remove mascara from clothes without damaging fabrics. For this, we will give you different techniques to do it and some useful tips to remove stains caused by other makeup products. Go for it!
How to remove mascara from clothes?
Contrary to other makeup stains, to remove a stain of mascara from clothes you should not remove the excess with a tissue or scratching with a spatula or similar utensils. If you want to remove your mascara stains effectively, we recommend using one of these techniques. Let’s do it!
If you have masked some delicate fabric such as silk or wool, we recommend using this remedy to remove the stain without damaging the garment.
Dilute a little hydrogen peroxide or hydrogen peroxide in water. Then dip a swab or swab into this solution and apply to the stain by gently rubbing. After this step, wash the garment by hand using a detergent or mild soap.
To remove mascara stains, you need to moisten the stain before washing it. Otherwise, you would spread the dirt even further. Moisten slightly with water and then apply a little liquid detergent to rub on the stain. You can help yourself with a little hot water; As you rub, you will notice how the stain disappears. If you want the result to be better, end the process by putting the garment in the washing machine.
Remove mascara from white clothes
Removing a mascara stain is tricky, but if you want to remove this stain from a white garment, the task becomes even more complicated.
Our tip for removing mascara stains from white clothes is to apply a little bit of Marseille soap, in solid format, and gently rub with a toothbrush or nail brush. If necessary, you can machine wash after this process.
Remove mascara from clothes without washing
What to do when mascara stains are on a garment that you cannot wash because the fabric would be damaged? For these more difficult cases, we recommend these two methods. It is more effective in removing stains that have already penetrated the tissue.
- Adhesive tape: If you have smeared mascara on a fabric that is not suitable for the washing machine, we recommend trying the adhesive tape. It’s about sticking a piece of tape on the stain, pressing it to adhere well and pulling as if you were doing a waxing session on your clothes. You will have to repeat the operation focusing on small areas, as they cannot claim to remove the stain with a single jerk.
- Dry cleaning kit: Dry cleaning kits are the best solution if you have stained a garment with a delicate fabric.
If you wonder how a dry cleaning kit is used, you should know that it is very simple. Follow these steps:
- Apply the stain remover product included in your kit to the mascara stain.
- Then put the garment in the dry cleaning bag next to the sheet of cleaning paper that comes in the kit. The purpose of this sheet is to release odor and moisture so that your garment smells like it has just been washed.
- Enter in the dryer on a gentle program with low temperature.
- Once finished, lay the garment (you can do it on a hanger to avoid wrinkles) so that the washing process ends and the humidity acts to eliminate wrinkles.
You may like also to read http://blogbuzz.co.uk/